Subject: Re: build breaks w/ read-only sources
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: William Allen Simpson <wsimpson@greendragon.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 23:38:58
James Chacon wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 05:01:25PM -0500, William Allen Simpson wrote:
> > I wish that -O would mkdir the objdir when it doesn't exist.  That was
> > always a problem with 'make build', after rm'ing an old objdir and
> > forgetting to mkdir a new one (or forgetting on a new install), the src
> > tree got polluted.
>
> It does by default. Unless you specify -o.
>
> >From build.sh:
>
>     -o          Set MKOBJDIRS=no (do not create objdirs at start of build)

Maybe this changed since I tested last June, but at that time you had
to `mkdir ../obj` (assuming you were in src) before running `build.sh
-O ../obj build`, or there would be no ../obj nor dirs made in ../obj/.

That is, it worked just like the old `make build`.

Could you tell me when this changed?
--
William Allen Simpson