Subject: Re: OK, what's going on with my nfs?
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 18:52:52
On Wed, Oct 29, 2003 at 09:27:08AM -0800, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> Will do, once I figure out what it is breaking. (one of the daemons nfs
> depends on isn't coming up.)

The problem was actually that rpcbind didn't explicity set its v6 sockets
to v6-only, thus making the bind for v4 sockets fail, since they were
already listening to that address.

I thought I changed that a long time ago; I did the same thing for NFS
ages ago (since the code does IP-based access checks). But, apparently
I didn't. It's fixed in rev. 1.6 of usr.sbin/rpcbind/rpcbind.c

Note that this normally wasn't a problem, since v6only was either the
default *or* set in sysctl.conf after rpcbind had already been started.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                            fvdl@netbsd.org
NetBSD. Free, Unix-like OS. > 45 different platforms.    http://www.netbsd.org/