Subject: Question about DESTDIR, build.sh, mk.conf, and pkgsrc
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 01:30:35
Hi,

I tried to place object files under /usr/obj but executable and
others under /usr/src/obj/destdir.

First, I tried -O option of build.sh, but nothing happened.

Second, I tried -M option of build.sh, it works.  However,
it changes DESTDIR to /usr/obj/.../destdir.  So, I wrote
"DESTDIR=/usr/src/obj/destdir" in mk.conf.  This solved
build.sh problem, but this caused a new problem in pkgsrc.
Makefiles and pkg_xxx tools started thinking /usr/src/obj/destdir
as my root directory.  For example, new pkg info is installed
to /usr/src/obj/destdir/var/db/xxx.

I guess I was doing something wrong...

What should I do to use /usr/obj and /usr/src/obj/destdir
without any conflicts against pkgsrc stuff?  Thanks in
advance.

-- Kazushi