Subject: Question about DESTDIR,, mk.conf, and pkgsrc
To: None <>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 01:30:35

I tried to place object files under /usr/obj but executable and
others under /usr/src/obj/destdir.

First, I tried -O option of, but nothing happened.

Second, I tried -M option of, it works.  However,
it changes DESTDIR to /usr/obj/.../destdir.  So, I wrote
"DESTDIR=/usr/src/obj/destdir" in mk.conf.  This solved problem, but this caused a new problem in pkgsrc.
Makefiles and pkg_xxx tools started thinking /usr/src/obj/destdir
as my root directory.  For example, new pkg info is installed
to /usr/src/obj/destdir/var/db/xxx.

I guess I was doing something wrong...

What should I do to use /usr/obj and /usr/src/obj/destdir
without any conflicts against pkgsrc stuff?  Thanks in

-- Kazushi