Subject: Re: MPBIOS vs MPACPI with Intel 7505 chipset
To: None <>
From: Simon Burge <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2003 13:08:44
"John R. Shannon" wrote:

> Am I better using MPBIOS or MPACPI to configure CPUs and APICs on a
> motherboard that uses the Intel 7505 chipset? If I experiment, and they both
> appear to work, what should I look for?

I'm using:

	include "arch/i386/conf/GENERIC.MP"

	options         MPACPI                  # configure CPUs and APICs using ACPI
						# (acpi at mainbus must also be enabled)
	options         ACPIVERBOSE             # verbose ACPI device autoconfig messages
	acpi0           at mainbus0

for the kernel config file on a supermicro e7505 board here.  I can't
recall if I tried MPBIOS, but this setup works just fine.

Simon Burge                            <>
NetBSD Support and Service: