Subject: Re: updating to current --help needed.
To: None <shahpritesh_email@excite.com>
From: theo borm <theo9762@borm.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2003 09:56:41
Hi,

Have you edited /usr/src/sys/arch/<ARCH>/conf/GENERIC

and included a line
options         COMPAT_16
?

I had the same errors when updating from 1.6->current,
forgetting to include COMPAT_16; Up until recently
this option was not nescesary for 1.6.1, but now it apparently
is.

Once you have built and installed your distribution with the
new kernel you shouldn't need it anymore, and you /could/ remove
this option again and rebuild a new kernel without it, however I
would advice against this.

You will probably also notice that the instructions for tracking
current are a bit outdated w.r.t. building and installing a
distribution. Last time I did it (~september) I had to manually
add a directory and fiddle around with the options to build.sh
a bit.

cheers,

Theo