Subject: Re: galeon compile probs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031021T143345@wsrcc.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2003 14:37:41
erh@nimenees.com (Eric Haszlakiewicz) writes:
>>     pkgdepgraph -a -a -D > delete_order
> 	you could use this reverse this list and use it to do a "make replace"
> for each package.  You migh end up with some things breaking while the build
> is going, but most things should continue to work, and if you ensure that
> every packages gets rebuild after the packages it depends on, then, in the
> end, you should have a working system.
> 	As for the trashed config files, I'd say that any package that does
> that is broken and should be reported as a bug.  To get a list of package
> files that you changed (which will mostly be config files, although some
> things, like perl, can end up changing non-config stuff when you do
> certain things (like update the CPAN module)) run "pkg_admin check".

Thanks for the idea.  This is what I ended up doing since it caused
the least disruption.

There are still a few loose issues, like what to do about the two
different libXrender.so libs kicking around, one in /usr/pkg/lib and
one in /usr/X11R6/lib .  I can't tell if pkgsrc would have tried to
avoid this duplication if I rebuilt it from pkg_chck (or something
similar).

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht 		     http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/
           The From: address is valid.  Don't mess with it.