Subject: jdk14 package on current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Hayward <John.C.Hayward@wheaton.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2003 12:46:48
Dear NetBSDers and Java People,
   I am trying to get javac under 1.4.2 to work under NetBSD 1.6ZD
(GENERIC_LAPTOP).  It appears that the java interpreter is working
in that I can run applet viewers and interpret at least hello world
applications.
   When I attempt to javac a hello world java file I get warnings and
errors complaining about things like:
====
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.4/src.zip(java/lang/Object.java):20: class Object is
public, should be declared in a file named Object.java (source
unavailable).
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.4/src.zip(java/net/URI.java):2572: warningn as of
release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
(source unavailable).
100 errors
206 warings
====

Any hints on how to get this to work - I am trying to get eclipse to work
but believe I need to have javac working first.

johnh...