Subject: jdk14 package on current
To: None <>
From: John Hayward <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2003 12:46:48
Dear NetBSDers and Java People,
   I am trying to get javac under 1.4.2 to work under NetBSD 1.6ZD
(GENERIC_LAPTOP).  It appears that the java interpreter is working
in that I can run applet viewers and interpret at least hello world
   When I attempt to javac a hello world java file I get warnings and
errors complaining about things like:
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.4/ class Object is
public, should be declared in a file named (source
/usr/pkg/java/sun-1.4/ warningn as of
release 1.4, assert is a keyword, and may not be used as an identifier
(source unavailable).
100 errors
206 warings

Any hints on how to get this to work - I am trying to get eclipse to work
but believe I need to have javac working first.