Subject: i386 bootselector changes
To: None <>
From: Antti Kantee <>
List: current-users
Date: 10/21/2003 18:32:15
Did someone change the bootselector to use numbers 1-m instead of F1-Fm?
I accidentally wiped out my bootselector recently and had to install a
new one today because I need to boot to The Great OS tomorrow to get some
important stuff done.  I spent a few nice moments cursing my life when the
good old Fm keys didn't do what I expected, and just blurted out a rather
ghastly "Error".  Lucky me it timed out before I did anything desperate.

Not that I'm complaining.  Some excitement is always nice.

carry on ;)

Antti Kantee <>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
                 "connoisseurs do not chill their malts."