Subject: Re: kernel on sparc64 fails to link
To: Dennis Chernoivanov <cdi@mawhrin.net>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2003 20:56:31
On Sun, Oct 19, 2003 at 12:05:06AM +0200, Dennis Chernoivanov wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 08:40:01AM -0400, Sean Davis wrote:
> > It appears that cn_tab is being declared as NULL in sys/dev/cons.c, and then
> > declared again as &consdev_prom in sys/arch/sparc64/dev/consinit.c. What
> > would the proper fix for this be? removing the NULL initializer in cons.c
> > allows the kernel to link and boot, but the console hangs on login, and
> > ssh-ing in doesn't work either, so that does not seem to be the correct way
> > to go. IANAKH, so any help is appreciated.
>
>  This was my change, and I apologize for the broken build. The proper fix is
> indeed to remove NULL initializer in cons.c, and this is what I have just
> committed. FWIW, sparc64 netboots and works fine for me.

I rebuilt from a totally clean compile dir with the updated cons.c, and it
still doesn't work. I can login on serial console, but once logged in csh
freezes. Ctrl-T says it's in 'pause'. Attempting to ssh in results in a
disconnect after the banner like before...

Do I need pcons0 at mainbus0? the GENERIC kernel has it, but I still see
'pcons at mainbus0 not configured' booting GENERIC (1.6ZC)

Am I missing something obvious?
-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII