Subject: Re: query netbsd version
To: Christoph Egger <Christoph_Egger@gmx.de>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/18/2003 11:27:03
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 04:45:33PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:

> HI!
>
> I have #defined _POSIX_C_SOURCE and this results in an
>
> implicit declaration of function 'strdup'
>
> in NetBSD 1.6_STABLE.
>
> I don't get this warning in -current.
>
> Is there a way to query the NetBSD version (i.e. via a libc header macro) ?

Well, you could either include sys/param.h and look at __NetBSD_Version__ or
use uname(3)...

The former would be easier for using in an #ifdef, since the latter gives
you a struct, not a plain number.

There might be other methods, but those are the two that came to mind right
away.

-Sean

--
/~\ The ASCII