Subject: Re: esoteric question: consistency of NetBSD CVS tree?
To: None <netbsd99@sudog.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/17/2003 11:23:02
In message <200310161028.10927.netbsd99@sudog.com>, you write:

[...]
-> This kind of inconsistency is littered throughout the tree, and so I'm
-> almost of the opinion that I'm reading the information wrong somehow.
-> After all, aren't symbolic tags still tags attached to specific
-> revisions in an RCS file? I know that revisions like 1.6.0.28, for
-> example, are magic branch tags that refer to branches, but even these
-> are sometimes missing entirely from the deltas section.
->
-> On the other hand, the cvsweb interface ascribes some of these missing
-> tags to the head's 1.6. For example, chs-ubc2:1.6.0.26 in the nqnfs.h,v
-> doesn't seem to have any associated revs (no 1.6.26.x): but the cvsweb
-> interface ascribes this tag to the head rev 1.6.

This is to be expected if a branch was created from rev 1.6 of the given
file, but no changes were made on the branch.  The file still has the
branch tag and it's associated with the point at which the branch was
created (rev 1.6 in this case), but there are no revisions on that
branch in the given file.

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                     rafal@pobox.com
  We are all worms.  But I do believe I am a glowworm.  -- Winston Churchill