Subject: Re: galeon compile probs
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031016T082835@wsrcc.com>
From: David Brownlee <abs@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2003 18:40:11
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, Wolfgang  S. Rupprecht wrote:

> If so, how do I best delete all my pkgs and recompile them with gcc3?
> I'm tempted to try the following, but if I do that it is going to be a
> long dry spell with only /bin/sh to keep my company.  Some pkgs also
> trash their config files on reinstall (like pkgsrc's postfix much to
> my horror yesterday as my mail was bouncing left and right after a
> "make update".)  Is there a better way to do this other than the
> following?

	One option, using pkgtools/pkgchk

	pkg_chk -g		Build .../pkgsrc/pkgchk.conf containing a list
				of all installed packages. Add lang/gcc3 and
				possibly devel/cpuflags to the start

	pkg_delete -r \*	Delete everything. May want to rename away
				/usr/pkg in case any cruft left

	pkg_chk -aks		'A'dd all missing packages, 'K'eep going in
				case of errors, only install from 'S'ource

	Bear in mind galeon is one package that doesn't seem to build
	cleanly under gcc3:
	http://www.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=23043

--
		David/absolute          -- www.netbsd.org: No hype required --