Subject: Re: galeon compile probs
To: Wolfgang S. Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20031016T082835@wsrcc.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@nimenees.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2003 11:38:39
On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 09:21:47AM -0700, Wolfgang  S. Rupprecht wrote:
> If so, how do I best delete all my pkgs and recompile them with gcc3?
> I'm tempted to try the following, but if I do that it is going to be a
> long dry spell with only /bin/sh to keep my company.  Some pkgs also
> trash their config files on reinstall (like pkgsrc's postfix much to
> my horror yesterday as my mail was bouncing left and right after a
> "make update".)  Is there a better way to do this other than the
> following?
>
>     pkgdepgraph -a -a -D > delete_order
	you could use this reverse this list and use it to do a "make replace"
for each package.  You migh end up with some things breaking while the build
is going, but most things should continue to work, and if you ensure that
every packages gets rebuild after the packages it depends on, then, in the
end, you should have a working system.
	As for the trashed config files, I'd say that any package that does
that is broken and should be reported as a bug.  To get a list of package
files that you changed (which will mostly be config files, although some
things, like perl, can end up changing non-config stuff when you do
certain things (like update the CPAN module)) run "pkg_admin check".

eric