Subject: Re: esoteric question: consistency of NetBSD CVS tree?
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: None <netbsd99@sudog.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/16/2003 09:14:16
On Thursday 16 October 2003 00:30, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, netbsd99@sudog.com wrote:
> > Please see:
> > http://cvsweb.netbsd.org/bsdweb.cgi/src/usr.bin/sed/
> >
> > Now take a peek in the Attic.
>
> I reported a similar problem two years ago.  See
> http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-misc/2001/08/08/0000.html
>
> Nobody seemed to care.  I didn't get any responses to my message.
>
> --apb (Alan Barrett)

Hey Alan,

Hey that's a good list of files. Thanks, I think you saved me the
trouble of doing it myself. Did you happen to notice the branch tags
that were missing revisions, too? Many of the files in the repository
have a pile of branch tags associated with them with (usually) vendor
style revisions attached--but then no actual revisions in the RCS file
itself.

It's quite odd. It's almost as though someone went in and specifically
deleted a chunk of revisions without properly removing the associated
vendor tags.

Comments?

--
no .plan