Subject: Re: Intel 82545EM Gigabit Ethernet
To: None <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Simon Burge <simonb@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/14/2003 10:35:11
"John R. Shannon" wrote:

> Does anyone have any experience with the Intel 82545EM Gigabit Ethernet
> embedded controller or the Supermicro X5DA8 motherboard that uses it?

I've got a X5DAE board here (same as X5DA8 less SCSI I believe), and
the 82545EM isn't happy talking to my cheap Aopen 10/100 switch (the
interface doesn't detect carrier from memory).  I've got it currently
plugged in to an old HP 10mbit hub and still had to specify "media
10baseT" for it to work.  I've got lots of other boxes plugged in to
the Aopen switch with a variety of 10, 10/100 and 10/100/1000 ethernet
devices that all work fine though...

Simon.
NetBSD Support and Service:         http://www.wasabisystems.com/