Subject: /etc/fstab: .include? (was Re: Two observations.)
To: Richard Rauch <rkr@olib.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/13/2003 09:24:48
Thus spake Richard Rauch ("RR> ") sometime Today...

RR> The main one that I need is /etc/hosts, though /etc/fstab doesn't hurt.

WAY off on a tangent, here:

What would people think of the capability of adding a .include directive
to /etc/fstab?

Standard system partitions are usually simple enough to recover; if you
happen to blow away your old fstab, though, it's easy to forget old NFS
mounts, other hard drives, things like cd-roms which aren't mounted at
boot time but which you might want to manually mount later, LFS filesystems,
and the like.

Just a thought.  Probably seems like a hack, but I know I'd find it
useful not to have to diff/edit/cut/paste everything back into /etc/fstab.

Maybe I'm just getting(?) lazy.

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Rock solid!