Subject: Re: continued build problems
To: Izumi Tsutsui <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Rick Kelly <email@example.com>
Date: 10/07/2003 16:21:03
Izumi Tsutsui said:
>In article <200310030405.h9345dUW025172@toad.rmkhome.com>
>> Can't find libdes.so.7. However, libdes.so.7 is in /usr/lib and also in
>>> With the new openssl, there is some header and library shuffling.
>>> rm -f /usr/include/des.h /usr/include/kerberosIV/* /lib/libdes* \
>>> /usr/lib/libdes* before building.
I finally got the build to work.
1. deleted the files above. (I was updating two machines at once and probably
forgot that one)
2. Used "su -" to get to root to keep env slim.
3. moved my /etc/mk.conf out of the way.
4. I had already built gcc3/g++ and libraries by hand.
5. ./build.sh -O /usr/obj tools
6. ./build.sh -O /usr/obj build
7. ./build.sh -O /usr/obj install=/
9. During this process I was already running the new kernel.
Rick Kelly firstname.lastname@example.org www.rmkhome.com