Subject: Something broken in SMP-land
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Graff <explorer@flame.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/07/2003 11:01:53
Symptoms:

        "netstat -inbw 1" shows no traffic.

        "systat vmstat" shows no interrupts or namei calls.  Disk
        stats, load average, process stats, and at least some of the
        other items (zfod, wired) update.

        "ogg123" doesn't play audio anymore.

        "audioplay" doesn't play audio anymore.

        "mpg123" plays audio just fine.

It seems something is stuck in an interrupt somewhere, or something is
waiting on a lock that won't clear.  Just my guesses.

This machine is still up and running (I'll leave it up for debugging)
but I would like to reboot it later today to make things work again.

What should I poke at?

"ps axl" doesn't show any processes in interesting states.

--Michael