Subject: Re: continued build problems
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/03/2003 13:50:44
Perry E. Metzger said:

>Strange. My (very vanilla) build.sh runs are having no trouble
>whatsoever.

I believe my problems stem from the fact that it is trying to cross-compile
for itself. My other -current box, running SMP kernel, built fine after I
hand built gcc3.

Differences:

Problem box: running circa 1.6P userland and 1.6ZC kernel. Compiler is
gcc3 built by hand (also g++3 and all need gnu libraries). The build
system believes it is cross-compiling NetBSD.

Other box: was running bits from 9/9/2003, pre-gcc3. I built the compiler
by hand, and got a complete build with the only problems being some kernel
nits in the CVS repository. Did not do the build as a cross-compile.

Perhaps the problem box could build if I knew what the steps were for
cross-compiling.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com