Subject: Re: tftp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chris Tribo <ctribo@college.dtcc.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 10/02/2003 18:34:51
On Fri, 3 Oct 2003, Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino wrote:

> > 	If I do tftp servername I can get connected, but if i just start
> > tftp and try to connect servername, no matter what I type, I get
> > tftp: servname not supported for ai_socktype
>
> 	usr.bin/tftp/main.c revision 1.18 should correct the problem.
> 	thanks.

	It does, thanks! I'm seeing something odd with argv/argc handling
however.

-bash-2.05b$ tftp servername
(to)
usage: tftp [-e] host-name [port]
tftp> q
-bash-2.05b$ tftp e servername
tftp> sta
Connected to servername.
Mode: netascii Verbose: off Tracing: off
Rexmt-interval: 5 seconds, Max-timeout: 25 seconds
tftp> q
-bash-2.05b$ tftp -e servername
(to)
usage: tftp [-e] host-name [port]
tftp> q
-bash-2.05b$ tftp -e
tftp> sta
Not connected.
Mode: octet Verbose: off Tracing: off

--

The nice thing about Windows is - It does not just crash, it displays a
dialog box and lets you press 'OK' first.