Subject: Re: request for guidance
To: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2003 04:13:06
Daniel Carosone said:

>By all means spend your own effort manually recreating a set of
>host tools to build a new userland, or just use build.sh :)

Well, build.sh needs better documentation. Also, I've been using "make build"
since NetBSD 0.9 back in 1994, and it works quite well on my Dell SMP
server which is now running NetBSD 1.6ZC as of last week or so. It also
works well on my 1.5.x and 1.6.x sparc and i386 machines.

NetBSD wolf 1.6ZC NetBSD 1.6ZC (GENERIC.MP) #2: Wed Sep 17 00:38:33 MDT 2003  rmk@wolf:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/GENERIC.MP i386

I'm impressed with this new box. A Duron 1.3ghz is a lot faster than a
P200 MMX! With the old box, it took about 9.5 hours to build.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com