Subject: request for guidance
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/29/2003 01:43:20
I had a P200 MMX system that has been tracking -current since about
NetBSD 1.4X.

The other day the power supply died and the MMU died in the process. I replaced
the motherboard with a Duron 1.3, and my video card, SCSI card, and all the
SCSI drives are okay.

I booted the system and built a GENERIC kernel, and everything works.

Here is the problem:

I last did a "make build" a short time before the SA stuff went in, and
decide to wait for it to settle down. Somewhere between then and now I
did and update from anoncvs, so currentlt the kernel that I'm running is
NetBSD 1.6T, with a userland from around 3/27/2003.

I could not do a "make build" from the circa 1.6T sources as cvs had pulled
in some Makefiles with crap in them. So today I did an update.

I can build and boot a 1.6ZC kernel, but when I login I don't get a prompt
and it just hangs...

I can't build groff with the tools I have, as g++ command line arguments
have apparently  changed.

dependall ===> src/libs/libgroff
/usr/src/toolbin/bin/i386--netbsdelf-c++ -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I/usr/src/gnu/dist/groff/src/include -I/usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/src/include  -Werror   -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions  -nostdinc++ -isystem-cxx /usr/include/g++    -nostdinc -isystem /usr/include -c    /usr/src/gnu/dist/groff/src/libs/libgroff/assert.cpp -o assert.o.tmp
i386--netbsdelf-c++: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/groff/src/libs/libgroff
*** Error code 1

Any suggestions?

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com