Subject: Problem with smbfs
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Konrad Neuwirth <konrad@mailathome.or.at>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2003 14:22:58
Hi everyone,

  I'm trying to use smbfs, but one script that gets run out of cron
every night (and is supposed to just copy a share onto a local
fileystem) doesn't work, instead causing:

/netbsd: smb_maperror: Unmapped error 2:91

Unfortunately, I can't work out what that means, much less how to go
about fixing it.

  The server providing the share is a Windows 2k server; I can access
the share perfectly fine if using an interactive shell.  Running the
script (which is just some fancy options and directory modifications
before calling tar) by hand works, running it from cron doesn't.

Konrad

--
"There is a considerable overlap in intelligence between the smarter
perl scripts and the dumber users. "     (Wolfgang Rupprecht)