Subject: Re: GCC 3.3.1 now default on i386, sparc, sparc64 & alpha.
To: George Michaelson <ggm@apnic.net>
From: D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@NetBSD.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2003 06:27:47
On Sunday 21 September 2003 23:43, George Michaelson wrote:
> didn't happen to me, but I'd ditched my /usr/obj/destdir.i386/ and
> toolchains dirs before I ran, because I thought with changes to mk.conf and
> build args, it was safest.

I had cleaned all that out as well.  What seems to have worked is this from
the UPDATING file:

cd usr.bin/make && cc *.c */*.c -I . -o make && mv make /usr/bin

Note that the "cd usr.bin/make && make && make install" version didn't work.
It kept trying to go to a non-existing toolchain directory for gcc.

It's building now and it looks like it is going to work.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@netbsd.org>
http://www.NetBSD.org/