Subject: Re: wine-20030911 does not work
To: None <adam@albedo.art.pl>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/22/2003 03:32:56
On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:36:53PM +0200, Adam wrote:

> As far as I can tell, wine indirectly depends on pthreads (via the
> 'glu' package?), which may lead to the endless-loop effect.  Try to
> re-compile wine with
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+= --without-opengl
> or update libpthreads from -current.
>
> Let me know if it helps :)

What it will do is wreck his operating system install, such that he
may end up needing to replace every binary on the system to recover,
depending how he follows your advice.  Nice job!  You really should
be more careful to restrict your advice-giving to topics about which
you actually have knowledge, lest you cause others to lose this way. :-(

Thor