Subject: NetBSD-almostcurrent failing on install
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 09/17/2003 22:07:17
So, I have a NetBSD-1.6ZB kernel and install set, which starts working,
but fails on the newfs of /dev/rsd0a because it got a write error
trying to access block 128 of the disk.  Before this, it complains that
it can't figure out what geometry to use when talking to the disk.

I've tried the canonical thing to clear up SCSI disk geometry problems - dd
from /dev/zero to the first few blocks of rsd0d.  However, it still seems
to be confused.

Anyone else seen similar behavior on recent -current?  I don't think I've
seen SCSI geometry problems in YEARS, so I don't know for sure what the
troubleshooting steps are now.

-s