Subject: Re: security issues with passing environment vars through su
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/16/2003 13:50:01
Thus spake Greg A. Woods ("GAW> ") sometime Today...

GAW> If you want to play those kinds of very risky games on your systems then
GAW> that's your business but don't come crying if you ever get targetted by
GAW> someone who knows how to use the vulnerabilities you leave wide open for
GAW> them to exploit.

They can only exploit them if I am stupid enough to let it happen,
and then I have far larger things to consider (such as a career move
to some lowly place in the janitorial service arena).

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD:  You choose the hardware, we'll bring the OS.