Subject: What's going on with current ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Vincent <10.50@free.fr>
List: current-users
Date: 09/11/2003 10:32:49
Hi there !

I attempted to compile yesturday's current sources (i386) downloaded
from ftp.netbsd.org.

First problem, the gnu-new.tar.gz tarball seems to be incomplete. Normal
?

I installed and compiled the kernel (with the COMPAT_16 option), but, to
my amazement, I discovered it was a 1.6Y kernel whereas I expected a
1.6Z.

And when I install userland on /, the installation fails on
the 'text' set. If I reboot, login won't work. I can log in, but then I
get an error message, something like « symbol __blabla not found » and
I'm returned to : "login:". NO way to get further.

I can boot netbsd in single user mode, though, but that's not very
satisfactory :)

Finally, I read there something about libc.so.12.103, but, when I
compile the sources I downloaded, it still generates libc.so.12.101
in /usr/obj/lib/libc...

Whazzup ?

Thanks !
Vincent