Subject: Re: BSD auth for NetBSD
To: Nate Hill <vugdeox@freeshell.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2003 21:48:00
On Tue, Sep 09, 2003 at 01:42:43AM +0000, Nate Hill wrote:

> > 	itojun@itojun.org (Jun-ichiro itojun Hagino) said:
> > > 	as a firm believer of "rough consensus and running code"
> >
> > Well, I don't see that there is rough consensus to import BSD auth
> > as the basic layer of authentication, because many people pointed
> > out that BSD auth can be implemented over PAM, and PAM can never be
> > implemented over BSD auth, and also people who agreed with BSD auth
> > couldn't produce any counterevidence.
>
> I beleive there is rough consensus that you're extremely biased, have
> never once considered, commented on, or even recognized any
> compromises; and have very little (nothing new either) evidence
> supporting your crusade.
[...]
> It's called collaberative development for a reason.

Your comments are extremely rude and entirely uncalled-for.  Soda-san
has made many important contributions to NetBSD in his long tenure as
a developer.  He is entitled to his opinion, which many of the NetBSD
developers happen to share.  He also stated that opinion concisely and
politely -- in dramatic contrast to your long, choleric rant.

Collaborative development, eh?  What have you done for me lately?