Subject: Re: BSD Authentication
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Quentin Garnier <netbsd-current-users@quatriemek.com>
List: current-users
Date: 09/08/2003 21:51:08
Le Mon, 8 Sep 2003 15:35:57 -0400
Michael G. Schabert a ecrit :
[...]
> The problem is that there's these camps that seem to think that
> there's some sort of either-or issue here. The issue is NOT "choose
> PAM or BSD Auth". There *IS*NO*OPTION*FOR*PAM* on the table at all.
> NetBSD will *NEVER* have PAM, unless someone steps forward to
> implement it. *NOWHERE* in this thread has a single person done that.

Right, not in *this* thread.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2003/03/10/0002.html

I personally don't care any more whether PAM or BSD Auth is better. I
think we're at the point where you guys either keep fighting, and NetBSD
gets nothing, or someone gets some interest in what is already acheived.

David worked hard on this, it deserves the slightest respect and not that
yelling.

--
Quentin Garnier - cube@cubidou.net
"Feels like I'm fiddling while Rome is burning down.