Subject: Re: BSD Authentication
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 09/05/2003 23:56:03
On Dec 14,  6:52am, "Greg A. Woods" wrote:
} [ On Thursday, August 28, 2003 at 14:37:37 (-0700), Bill Studenmund wrote: ]
} > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Dan Melomedman wrote:
} >
} > > We need a clean/flexible nsswitch-like LDAP support. Linking LDAP
} > > libraries into the C library seems like a nasty solution.
} >
} > Stuff like this is why we were talking about PAM in the first place. ;-)
}
} nsswitch doesn't need anything even remotely as big and complex as PAM

     PAM is neither big nor complex.  I speak as someone that has
worked both with applications using PAM and PAM modules.

}-- End of excerpt from "Greg A. Woods"