Subject: Re: GCC3.3.1 switch coming soon.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netmeister.org>
List: current-users
Date: 09/04/2003 09:34:26
--NU0Ex4SbNnrxsi6C

Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de> wrote:
> In article <25640.1062322226@splode.eterna.com.au>,
> 	matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au> writes:
> > i'm ready to switch sparc, sparc64, i386 & alpha ports to using GCC3.3.1
> > by default.
>=20
> GCC 3.3.1 causes *lots* of build problems in "pkgsrc"

Seconded.  I just ran a bulk-build with gcc-3.3.1, and the result was
193 broken packages (in contrast to <25 broken packages).  Among them,
it seems that KDE3 has problems with gcc-3.3.1.

-Jan

--=20
"When it's fall in New York, the air smells as if someone's been frying
goats in it, and if you are keen to breathe the best plan is to open a
window and stick your head in a building."

--NU0Ex4SbNnrxsi6C

--NU0Ex4SbNnrxsi6C--