Subject: Re: BSD Authentication
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
List: current-users
Date: 08/28/2003 01:30:49
On Jan 15,  2:57pm, Chuck Yerkes wrote:
} Quoting Peter Seebach (seebs@plethora.net):
} > In message <20030825225112.1797D82@coconut.itojun.org>, itojun@iijlab.net write
} > >>1.  Does anyone have BSD Auth working on NetBSD?
} > >>2.  Does anyone plan to?
} > >>
} > >>I'm interested in this, just because it's one of my favorite features ever.
} > >	every time i raise this question, i get attacked by pro-PAM people.
} If the "pro-PAM" people don't have code, they can shove off.

     The code can be lifted from FreeBSD.

} The missing bit is name service stuff ("extending" passwd|services|whatever
} to use a name service to get the info you want;  the Hesiod support

     I believe this is coming.  It was one of the major reasons for
going to an all dynamic system.  Hey Luke, how's the work on this
coming along?

}-- End of excerpt from Chuck Yerkes