Subject: Re: Forever pending patches
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Maxwell <david@crlf.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/26/2003 12:59:14
On Tue, Aug 26, 2003 at 04:49:25PM +0200, Christian Biere wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I wonder what happens to longtime pending patches. It looks like if they
> aren't applied within a couple of month they'll never be. Even if
> they're small, simple and reported to be working perfectly. Adding a
> further comment doesn't seem to have any effect - neither feedback nor a
> catch up. Is there anything I can do to get them applied or at least
> a short explanation why they aren't?

The coincidence of skill and time and interest on the part of volunteers
is the limiting factor.

Probably one of the best things you could do would be to summarize the
PRs you see as languishing. (And post summaries to a list, even
periodically?)  This would have the benefit of saving time for people
who are looking for good patches to apply, and would also generate
interest by drawing attention to good patches.

(About an Amiga rendering landscapes) It's not thinking, it's being artistic!
					      - Jamie Woods