Subject: Re: lsof broken?
To: None <>
From: Gary Duzan <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/24/2003 18:59:54
   I sorted out what the problem was. I had LOCKDEBUG enabled in
my kernel, which adds fields to struct lock and struct simplelock,
which must end up being part of struct kinfo_proc, since changing
the flag changes the struct size, which confuses kvm_getprocs().

   Should I send-pr this? In general, kernel options shouldn't
break userland APIs, but LOCKDEBUG may be different enough not to
care. (For example, it doesn't show up in options(4).)  Or maybe
kvm_getprocs() and/or the KERN_PROC sysctl API are just hopelessly
broken and lsof needs to use something else. Opinions?

					Gary D. Duzan

In Message <> , (Gary Duzan) wrote:

=>In Message <> ,