Subject: Re: Now I've really done it: I have no more mbr
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 08/19/2003 08:44:14
On Mon, Aug 18, 2003 at 09:47:11PM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> OK, so is there some way of mounting the entire disk and searching for
> /var/backup to regenerate my mbr or am I totally hosed this time?

Do you know (roughly) what was in the mbr?

The first mbr partition would have started at sector 63, if that
was the netbsd partition that is all you need to get the netbsd filesystems
mounted - and then there might be copies of stuff in /var/backups.

Otherwise the filesystem header can be used to work out the size of
the filesystem and hence where the next mbr partition would have started.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk