Subject: Re: NFS unmounting problem
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 08/18/2003 10:43:09
Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> typed:
:On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Geoff Wing wrote:
:> walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com> typed:
:> : I'm unable to unmount NFS mounts because of the way they appear in, well,
:> : in the old days it would have been mtab or mnttab, but those are gone,
:> : apparently, and I'm not sure where 'mount' gets its list of mounted fs's.
:> /etc/fstab (unless you use amd)
:Um, no. mount don't get the list of mounted fs's from there. mount get the
:list of fs's to mount from fstab, along with default options for different
:fs's to mount. There is a big difference.

Quite right.  I read through it a bit too fast.

:> Use the -R option: ``umount -R /mnt/''

The -R option is also useful if you've used symbolic links in the mount
paths.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing