Subject: Re: 3COM Gigabit not recogniced
To: Stephen Degler <stephen@degler.net>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 08/17/2003 20:13:30
On Sun, Aug 17, 2003 at 11:41:38AM -0400, Stephen Degler wrote:
> If you are feeling adventerous, please try the patch in PR kern/22511.
> I'd appreciate the testing and feedback.

I might buy an Asus P4P800 board in the near future, but haven't yet,
so I could only browse through the code. It looks like this will
only work on little-endian systems, but you probably didn't have
a chance to test that.

It also seems to make the mistake of destroying and re-creating
DMA maps in functions that will be called at other times than
attach, which is suboptimal because of cases where a system
has > 4G, and DMA memory < 4G has to be allocated for DMA maps,
but this may not be available (but it always will be at attach
time).

Anyway, if this port works, neither of those things are showstoppers
for having it committed.

Thanks for the port!

- Frank

--