Subject: Re: The smallest multi-user system
To: NetBSD - current-users <>
From: Brian Rose <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/14/2003 12:53:16
Allen Briggs wrote:
> That's because you're probably booting with RB_SINGLE set
> by the memory disk driver.
> Put the following in your kernel configuration file to change that:
> options 	MEMORY_RBFLAGS=0        # don't force single-user

I tried setting the flag and rebuilding the kernel, but I still get the same behavior.

When the kernel boots it prompts for a shell and then drops into single user mode. The command 'ls > ls.txt' gives the error message "cannot create ls.txt: read-only file system".

Furthermore, I added an rc file with the following contents and I did not see any output.

echo RC System initialization