Subject: Re: Building
To: John R. Shannon <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/08/2003 14:56:54
On Fri, 8 Aug 2003, John R. Shannon wrote:

> I there a preferable method for building X windows as part of a relase when
> the rest of the release was built with the new tool chain:
>
> ./build.sh -T /usr/tools release

There's no support for building X with the tools toolchain. As far
as I know, all the snapshots you see were built with the installed,
native compiler, though perhaps just after "./build.sh install=/".

It's not that people don't want it -- they do. It just promises to be
fairly time consuming to test and debug. I have some ideas, if anyone
feels inclined to undertake the task.

Frederick