Subject: Re: make segfault?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@crufty.net>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2003 18:00:38
On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 01:41:28PM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
>=20
> On Sat, 2 Aug 2003 16:17:24 -0400, Sean Davis writes:
> >Now it's not happening anymore, I'm not even able to build a toolchain. I
> >get 'can't cd to build' in gtexinfo, if I remember correctly.
> >Note that 'build' is not specified ANYWHERE in my environment or in mk.c=
onf.
> >-Sean

ok, its happening again, but the traceback is useless.
cleandir =3D=3D=3D> usr.bin/vgrind
make: Unclosed variable specification for CC
[1]   Segmentation fault (core dumped) make "_THISDIR_=3D...
*** Error code 139

Stop.
make: stopped in /misc/cvs/netbsd/current/src/usr.bin
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/src
Exit 1
<dive@eros(/usr/src)> % cd usr.bin/vgrind
<dive@eros(/usr/src/usr.bin/vgrind)> % ls
CVS           RETEST        make.core     regexp.c      vfontedpr.c
vgrind.sh     vgrindefs.c
Makefile      extern.h      pathnames.h   tmac.vgrind   vgrind.1
vgrindefs.5   vgrindefs.src
<dive@eros(/usr/src/usr.bin/vgrind)> % gdb =17hich make make.core
GNU gdb 5.0nb1
conditions.
This GDB was configured as "i386--netbsdelf"...(no debugging symbols
found)...
Core was generated by =0Dake'.
Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so...(no debugging symbols
found)...
done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/libexec/ld.elf_so
Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.12...Deprecated bfd_read called at
/misc/cvs/netbsd/current/src/gnu/dist/toolchain/gdb/dbxread.c line 2638 in
elfstab_build_psymtabs
Deprecated bfd_read called at
/misc/cvs/netbsd/current/src/gnu/dist/toolchain/gdb/dbxread.c line 976 in
fill_symbuf
(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /usr/lib/libc.so.12
#0  0x805e72e in dladdr ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x805e72e in dladdr ()
#1  0x804b925 in dladdr ()
#2  0x804c759 in dladdr ()
#3  0x804c85c in dladdr ()
#4  0x804c8d8 in dladdr ()
#5  0x804c900 in dladdr ()
#6  0x804c938 in dladdr ()
#7  0x804c9d9 in dladdr ()
#8  0x804cbd1 in dladdr ()
#9  0x805794f in dladdr ()
#10 0x8057d6a in dladdr ()
#11 0x8053ceb in dladdr ()
#12 0x80537f1 in dladdr ()
#13 0x8049964 in free ()
(gdb)=20

is there any way to debug something that uses dl*() and get useful
information from it? I have lost count of the number of times I've tried to
get a backtrace and gotten nothing but a string of dladdr()s, dlopen()s,
etc.

>=20
> make -ndA > /tmp/x 2>&1
>=20