Subject: Re: make segfault?
To: Simon J. Gerraty <>
From: Sean Davis <>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2003 16:17:24
On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 12:59:48PM -0700, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
> >Anybody else seen this?
> No, but that doesn't mean much ;-)
> >make: Unclosed variable specification for CC
> >[1]   Segmentation fault      make "_THISDIR_=...
> >*** Error code 139
> stack trace will be very handy...

too bad getting one didn't seem possible.
> >Aug  1 00:00:33 eros /netbsd: pid 2439 (make), uid 1000: exited on signal 11
> >(core not dumped, err = 13)
> permission denied... you are doing unpriv build I assume?
> Can you try as root - or fix the perms on the dir where make died?

I was trying as root. Trying as a normal user gave a core, but it was lost
in make clean.

Now it's not happening anymore, I'm not even able to build a toolchain. I
get 'can't cd to build' in gtexinfo, if I remember correctly.
Note that 'build' is not specified ANYWHERE in my environment or in mk.conf.

/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!