Subject: Re: Corecting a build error
To: None <john@johnrshannon.com>
From: walt <wa1ter@myrealbox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 08/02/2003 11:57:13
John R. Shannon wrote:

> I'm getting the fchecklist errors listed below in my first attempt at running
> build.sh distribution.
>
> - - What is this output telling me?
> - - How should I go about correcting the situation?
>
> System was installed from NetBSD-1.6U snapshot and the kernel and tools built
> from CURRENT prior to this.
>
> (cd /usr/src/distrib/sets &&
> /usr/src/obj.i386/tooldir.NetBSD-1.6W-i386/bin/nbmake checkflist)...

(blind-leading-blind mode)

I think you picked just the wrong moment to upgrade.  There was just a
version change from 1.6U to 1.6W which confused (newbie) me for a bit.

I didn't see exactly the same errors you did, but I'm thinking maybe
you have hit a similar problem:

Do you see two different tooldirs in /usr/obj ?  One for 1.6U and
another for 1.6W ?

If you do, you might try, first, updating your /usr/src tree again
because it is constantly changing in -current.  Many transient errors
disappear just with this alone.  (Then rebuild the system, of course.)
I find that removing all the contents of /usr/obj before rebuilding
saved me some problems.

If you still see the same sort of error you might try using the -T
flag with build.sh to specify the 1.6U tooldirectory instead of the
1.6W.  For me, the 1.6W tooldir only appeared during compilation
of the new kernel, which then confused the build.sh install of the
new userland which used the 1.6W tooldirectory instead of 1.6U.

Your errors are a bit different from the ones I saw, but I think
they may be related somehow.  Try playing arount with the tooldir
directory names and see.