Subject: Re: depend problem with new depend stuff
To: Luke Mewburn <>
From: Geoff Wing <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/29/2003 15:24:07
Luke Mewburn <> typed:
:On Tue, Jul 29, 2003 at 03:04:39AM +0000, Geoff Wing wrote:
:  | with the new depend stuff there's a flaw with building the .depend file.
:  | This is exposed during the build of the lib/libcrypto/.depend where
:  | some of the .d files live in lib/libcrypt/  and the rule
:  | tries to do a simple cat of the .d files without using the full paths.
:I haven't seen a problem with this, even on a totally fresh build.
:I do build's using MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX from a read-only source
:(objdirs, without the obj.${MACHINE} symlink)
:Can you provide any more details?

My build method is often effectively:

% rm -rf /obj/src/*
% mount_union /obj/src /usr/src
% make UPDATE=yes build

So I'm just building into the /usr/src structure but without polluting
the main source.

In this case, the crypt.d, md5crypt.d & bcrypt.d  were found in
lib/libcrypt/ by make so weren't rebuilt into lib/libcrypto/

This also caused problems in other places: one big area where it's a
problem is in the rescue subdir.

Geoff Wing : <>
Rxvt Stuff : <>
Zsh Stuff  : <>