Subject: (Unsupported) CrossOver Office on NetBSD/i386 available
To: None <>
From: Todd Vierling <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/23/2003 13:13:15
[I am not on either port-i386 or current-users.  Reply-To: has been set
directly to me.]

PLEASE NOTE: The information presented here is not provided by CodeWeavers,
Inc. and running CrossOver Office on NetBSD is not a configuration that is
supported by CodeWeavers technical support. Use of CrossOver Office on
NetBSD is at your own risk.

With the above disclaimer said....

I've created kernel diffs and an installer wrapper script that makes it
possible to run CrossOver Office (the commercial version of Wine supported
by CodeWeavers -- on NetBSD/i386, under Linux binary

These fixes are definitely a work-in-progress, and most applications still
do _not_ run well in this configuration, thanks to an as yet unknown Linux
emulation bug that trips up the MS Installer.  However, a small handful of
apps have been tested by me to work.

You can see the install instructions and necessary files here:

Please feel free to e-mail me with any comments.

-- Todd Vierling <>