Subject: Re: recent -current on dual macppc crashes immediately
To: Christian Groessler <>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/22/2003 19:11:53

    Christian> I've compiled an uniproc kernel and it dies right after being loaded with

    Christian> -----------
    Christian> console keyboard type: USB
    Christian> trap: pid 0.0 (): kernel MCHK trap @ 0x309368 (SSR1=0x41030)
    Christian> panic: trap
    Christian> rebooting

    Christian> and then I'm back at the OF prompt.

Looks exactly like the problem I have with -current:

Seems to be a problem with the new ofwboot.xcf and the ksyms stuff.
-> Can you compile a -current kernel which is not calling

      in /cvsroot/src/sys/arch/macppc/macppc/machdep.c (-> no DDB, no
      LKM and no 'pseudo-device ksyms').

which is working for me...