Subject: Sun JRE/JDK 1.4.2
To: None <,>
From: Jan Schaumann <>
List: current-users
Date: 07/20/2003 15:34:56

Hi all,

I put up patches to update Sun JRE/JDK to 1.4.2 at  I
can't commit these at this poing in time, as the 1.4.2 JVM will only
work on -current, but I figured somebody else might find them useful.

Also note that you can run a -current kernel with a 1.6.1 Userland and
then use this JDK.  This allows, for example, to run Matlab 6.5R13 with
the full Java Desktop in a stable environment.

If somebody wants to import these into pkgsrc-wip, please do so -- I
haven't gotten around to getting an account for pkgsrc-wip myself and am
currently lacking the time to follow this as well.

"Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."

Version: GnuPG v1.2.1 (NetBSD)