Subject: Direct mounts in amd possible?
To: NetBSD Current Users <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/17/2003 16:02:14
Question for anyone who is amd savvy (responses of the type "Don't use
amd" will be cheerfuly discarded):

Is it possible to do direct mounts under amd, i.e. without having to
symlink to a subdirectory in which the mounts are performed?

Currently I have, i.e.

	/c -> /.am-misc/c

### relevant /etc/amd.conf lines:
[ global ]
search_path =	/etc/amd

[ /.am-misc ]
map_name =	misc

### /etc/amd/misc:
# Stuff that I would like under root, directly
# [but must be symlinked, sigh]

/defaults	opts:=nodev

# Local filesystems, ffs
mptmp		type:=ffs;dev:=/dev/wd3a;opts:=nodev,nosuid
backups		type:=ffs;dev:=/dev/wd3p;

altroot		type:=ffs;dev:=/dev/wd2a
# [for more altroot stuff, see the altroot map]

# Local filesystems, msdos
c		type:=pcfs;dev:=/dev/wd0e;
d		type:=pcfs;dev:=/dev/wd0f;

# Remotely mounted stuff that I don't want always mounted
music		type:=nfs;rhost:=fserver;rfs:=/music;opts:=nodev,nosuid
htdocs		type:=nfs;rhost:=fserver;rfs:=/export/htdocs;
scripts		type:=nfs;rhost:=fserver;rfs:=/export/scripts;
ftphome 	type:=nfs;rhost:=fserver;rfs:=/usr/ftp;

#####

clves?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: Resistance is futile!  You will be supported.