Subject: Not enough stacks ?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jarkko Teppo <jarkko.teppo@er-grp.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/10/2003 21:08:00
Hi!

I'm running the latest current (from yesterday) on alpha with XF4 and I was
wondering what the following means:

sa_switch(2886.6 flag 900004): Not enough stacks.
sa_switch(2886.2 flag 900004): Not enough stacks.
sa_switch(1819.13 flag 900004): Not enough stacks.

This is usually caused by xmms and previously it would lead to a random
crash. Is there a #define somewhere I can just change ?

btw. the crashes were *really* interesting, as the machine wouldn't panic but
instead it would refuse to create new processes. Well, not refuse but more
like "wait forever". Fun stuff.

Right this moment I have xmms in anonget2 according to top and DEl according
to "ps ax". Unkillable, but I'll try gdb after I send this.

For the good news:
Mozilla (latest pkgsrc + src) works, no more "rm -rf $HOME/.mozilla" before
start and it "seems" pretty stable, unlike xmms. With a week old kernel I
couldn't get the moz_install to run without pthread assertion errors so this
is much better.

--
jht