Subject: Re: Can't build current: don't know how to make obj-tools
To: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 07/07/2003 18:30:52
On Mon, Jul 07, 2003 at 09:18:35AM -0700, Hisashi T Fujinaka wrote:
> I'm almost certain this is my own fault for messing with /etc/mk.conf, a
> file that doesn't work for me anymore. I replaced it with
> /usr/pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk and I got errors on the
> line:
>
> 377: .if ${OPSYS} == "IRIX"
>
> Am I copying the wrong file?

Only the differences from the defaults need to be set in /etc/mk.conf.

I suspect the error you were getting was because, at the point that
make(1)'s parser encountered it, ${OPSYS} was undefined.  (This is
only necessary on the cpp-like lines (.if, .ifdef, .ifndef, .elif,
etc) as they are evaluated when they are read).

Regards,
Alistair